Panasonic Plans on Discontinuing the Technic 1200 Turntable

Ironically today I watched an episode of "Everyone Hates Chris". The episode featured a young Chris Rock having the opportunity to DJ a party in his neighborhood. Before Djing the party, in the opening monologue, Chris Rock gave a brief lesson DJ's and Rappers saying that the DJ came before the rapper.
I came up during the Vinyl era of DJing. I remember going to Beat Street in Brooklyn, Rock & Soul on 7th Avenue and various other mom & pop record store to buy vinyl and exclusive white label records. I came up during a Dj era when Promoters booked based on your skill and not how many people you can bring to the venue. This new era of MP3's (not condoning Mp3's at all), bottle service at the club and Ipod Dj's is going to be the demise of the skilled DJ.
The demise of the skilled Dj is already beginning to take place. Holiday weekends the 2 top Hip Hop/R&B stations change their formats for 3 days to allow their mixshow Dj's to play various styles of music from club to old school. I was embarrassed to listen to 2 of the most (I would not say who they were) horrible DJ's on radio. As I said in previous rants, Serato makes everyone feel as if they're a Dj. My question is how can you allow a "DJ" to play on live radio without the fundamentals of DJing? These 2 Dj's only played the hottest songs on the stations playlist without executing the fundamentals of Djing such as beat matching and blends.
To find out more about the Panasonic's decision to discontinue the Technic 1200 and 1210 turntable click here.
El La Poo Poo...Happy Birthday Red Alert!!

Ironically today I watched an episode of "Everyone Hates Chris". The episode featured a young Chris Rock having the opportunity to DJ a party in his neighborhood. Before Djing the party, in the opening monologue, Chris Rock gave a brief lesson DJ's and Rappers saying that the DJ came before the rapper.
I came up during the Vinyl era of DJing. I remember going to Beat Street in Brooklyn, Rock & Soul on 7th Avenue and various other mom & pop record store to buy vinyl and exclusive white label records. I came up during a Dj era when Promoters booked based on your skill and not how many people you can bring to the venue. This new era of MP3's (not condoning Mp3's at all), bottle service at the club and Ipod Dj's is going to be the demise of the skilled DJ.
The demise of the skilled Dj is already beginning to take place. Holiday weekends the 2 top Hip Hop/R&B stations change their formats for 3 days to allow their mixshow Dj's to play various styles of music from club to old school. I was embarrassed to listen to 2 of the most (I would not say who they were) horrible DJ's on radio. As I said in previous rants, Serato makes everyone feel as if they're a Dj. My question is how can you allow a "DJ" to play on live radio without the fundamentals of DJing? These 2 Dj's only played the hottest songs on the stations playlist without executing the fundamentals of Djing such as beat matching and blends.
To find out more about the Panasonic's decision to discontinue the Technic 1200 and 1210 turntable click here.
El La Poo Poo...Happy Birthday Red Alert!!
No comments:
Post a Comment