Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rides - Top 10: Things Women Notice About Your Car Drafted by Karolina Kurkova

 
Cars & Kurkova
 
You've seen her. She's the leggy blond clad in about as much silk as is in your tie. And as if drooling over photos of her in your girlfriend's Victoria's Secret catalog (yes, we still do that) wasn't enough, we're giving you another reason to take notice of supermodel Karolina Kurkova.

During Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fall 2011, Kurkova unveiled the redesigned Mercedes-Benz 2012 CLS. We caught up with her to ask a question we've always wondered about: What do women notice in our cars?

As a supermodel/wife/mother, Kurkova's answers reflect the many hats she wears in her life. Ready for a sample? "I think men should know how to operate the car. It's important to know the key things."

Truer words were never spoken, Karolina.

Read on to discover what else women notice about your car, courtesy of Karolina Kurkova.
 

No.10 That you know your car

I think men should know how to operate the car. It’s important to know the key things.

No.9 Your style

Fashion, style, drive in style, arrive in style, be safe -- in style.

No.8 The lines

I like the lines. You know, there’s something very sensual about it [in reference to the Mercedes-Benz 2012 CLS]. You know, it’s not squarish; it’s got nice curves. So I think it gives you a sexy, sleek look.

No.7 The color

I think color is a very important… In the CLS, I like this color. It’s like a dark gray. Something that's not too flashy, something that is subdued, something that’s not too dark, but it’s got a little light.

No.6 That it's masculine

I think a car, you know, if you’re newly married or in a family, a car that’s not too feminine but not too masculine. So I think when you look at a car, you have to look at those things.

No.5 Versatility

If it’s a car that you share as a couple, as a family, you want something that’s safe, it’s classic, it’s timeless, that you’ll have for the rest of your life. You can take your son, you can pick him up in school, you can arrive at a fashion show, you can go to a nice dinner, or you can take a fun road trip.

No.4 Storage

Room, having storage in the back for luggage, strollers, car seats, comfort, something that inside is not too precious, it’s not too light, so if the kids are in the car, then it can get a little beaten up and still look good.

No.3 Is it a hybrid?

I love when cars, you have the choice of a hybrid. You know, if you can have a car that’s beautiful and stylish, plus be a hybrid where it’s better for the environment, I love that.


No.2 Your music and sound system

The music is very important -- the sound system. It depends on how I’m feeling... Very relaxed, something like Norah Jones-y or John Mayer. But then sometimes I want to, like, have fun in the car. You know, like you’re in traffic, you’re anxious, you put Lady Gaga on, you put Katy Perry… I love listening to music, so definitely music is a big thing I look at.

No.1 Safety

Safety is very important… That’s why it’s important to get a good car, like Mercedes-Benz, that you rely on. Having a good-quality car when you’re spending money, you know it’s a car where you’re safe. There is a service with it [where] if anything happens, you know somebody can come and fix it… and I think that’s very important. If you can, it’s better to invest in stuff like that.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment