Monday, December 13, 2010

Jets coach admits to tripping Dolphins player on sidelines

The way the New York Jets have been playing lately, they definitely needed a “leg-up” on the competition. They just never thought it would come in the form of coach Sal Alosi actively participating in plays.

Watch this clip below as Dolphins special teamer Nolan Carroll streaks down the sidelines to cover a punt and cameras catching Alosi red-handed trying to trip him.

Alosi has sinced apologized for the incident releasing this statement Sunday night:

“I made a mistake that showed a total lapse in judgment,” Alosi said in a statement. “My conduct was inexcusable and unsportsmanlike and does not reflect what this organization stands for. I spoke to Coach [Tony] Sparano and Nolan Carroll to apologize before they took off. I have also apologized to Woody [Johnson], Mike [Tannenbaum] and Rex [Ryan]. I accept responsibility for my actions as well as any punishment that follows.

No disciplinary action has been taken as of yet, but you have to expect the Jets and/or the NFL to drop the hammer on him pretty soon. Maybe not an outright firing, but a suspension for the rest of the season seems extremely likely.

Alosi has been working in the NFL as a strength coach for nine years now and as a former player himself in the collegiate ranks, he’s more than aware of what constitutes a cheap shot.

Suffice to say, this one was the lowest of the low.

No comments:

Post a Comment